Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Forums Deleted After Nearly 10 Years of Service

TigerClawTV.com forums had been idle for quite some time now, but this was the place where I met several of TCR's long time friends for the first time. Darabka first reached out there, I first got to know Kaiser there (under the name Retroman), Doom night was organized there, Gooch and the Dooshebag had posts there, and so many more memories.

Because of inactivity, the forum was deleted without an email or warning. Again the service was not being utilized, but it really hurts to see all those old posts go. As of yet there are no plans for a replacement service, but I would like to see some sort of gathering tool appear on The Next Round, like a small forum or a chat box.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of my forum. Today is the end of an era.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I noticed the forums went down a few months ago. Was going to write a comment into the podcast about it but never ended up doing it. Lots of posts I still remember today that I made will never be seen again I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a sad day for sure. I used to check it every day for a long time. I met you there, and Kaiser, Cendoo, Jerry and such. It will be remembered for being the place we first met.

    We could do a TNR Forum, question is what Forum provider do we want to use? I hear good things from Discord, maybe that would fill that need and replace TBU Mumble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they at least let you download an archive of it

    ReplyDelete